Freelance Copy Editor - English
Daily Secret is seeking a Freelance Copy Editor to assist our editorial team on a Part-Time basis. This role will provide copy editing support to the editorial team and report to our Managing Editor. Our ideal candidate is someone who is passionate about writing great copy and enjoys “traveling” the world through reading our secrets. We are looking for someone who is meticulous, detail-oriented, communicative, organized, and can exercise good judgement with minimal direction.
- Work with the Managing Editor to copy edit all content.
- Proofread and copy edit content for grammar, consistency, accuracy, and readability.
- Edit copy to ensure content is easy to understand, interesting, creative, and compelling.
- Fact-check all content for quality assurance.
- Meet daily deadlines set by the editorial team.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 2-4 years of professional editorial experience.
- speaks and writes English fluently
- a passion for finding grammar, punctuation and syntax errors
- must be familiar with our editorial voice
- can work collaboratively with stakeholders and as a team member across divisions
- can manage multiple deadlines to complete projects on time
- can work part-time remotely
- loves the Daily Secret product and is passionate about our editorial categories (arts & culture, food & dining, health & wellness, etc.)
- is highly adaptable and enjoys learning about new technology
- is a fantastic communicator, especially across different cultures
- first-hand experience at a fast-growing, global digital media startup
- the opportunity to expand your skill set from traditional to digital media
- daily exposure to readers around the world who are passionate about our secrets
- intelligent colleagues who take pride in their work
About Daily Secret
Daily Secret is one of the fastest growing digital media brand for premium audiences around the world, serving 1.8 million subscribers every day. Covering over 35 markets, its signature daily email newsletters reveal coveted bars, restaurants, shops and all around local ‘secrets’ while integrating brands around passion points. Headquartered in New York, NY and Athens, Greece, Daily Secret is backed by leading media investors, such as Greycroft Partners, eVentures, Ronald Lauder, Dick Parsons, and Andy Russell. To learn more about us visit http://company.dailysecret.com/.